The mission of St. Charles Borromeo School is to be a beacon of faith, hope and love. In partnership with parents and guardians, we nurture the heart, mind, and soul of each child with a strong grounding in academics and the traditions and teachings of the Catholic Church. We empower students to honor God, others, and themselves. Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus is a special charism of our school heritage that comes to us from our founders, Monsignor James Poole and the religious sisters of the Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. By affirming the fundamental dignity of all people, we illuminate the paths of the Lord and bring the light of the Good News to all we encounter.
Our Schoolwide Learning Expectations
We are R O C K
"And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church." Matt 16;18
- I demonstrate care and respect for God’s creation.
- I participate in and appreciate Liturgy and prayer
- I practice the fundamental teachings of the Roman Catholic faith.
- I show respect to God, myself, and others.
- I appreciate cultural and religious diversity.
- I appreciate and share the gifts and talents given by God to me and to others.
- I share Jesus’ message of love through service to my community
- I make responsible choices and accept personal responsibility for my actions.
- I play fairly and help others to do the same.
- I demonstrate a strong foundation of basic academic skills and knowledge as defined by the Diocesan Curriculum guides at school and in daily life.
- I practice the college-readiness skills of critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and creativity.
- I contribute to and support a positive learning environment.